Meet the Parents By Clicking On the Name of the Mom & Dad on the Available Puppy & Upcoming Litter Pages
- English Goldendoodle Health Evaluations: English Lines Do NOT carry the predominate health risks of the American lines.
- We have been breeding our English Goldendoodle lines for over ten years. The goal of our breeding program and testing is to ensure that we are producing the most compatible parents together to produce puppies with optimal health.
- Our goal is to produce healthy, happy puppies that will be lifelong companions for their families. We have done extensive genetic testing for over a decade which focuses on what is unique to our lines and the most common health issues in our parent breeds. You have to keep in mind that I created the English Goldendoodle breed. I know what I am doing with my breeding program, and I am very protective of my lines.
- Due to hybrid vigor and our personal research and development, we see fewer incidences of health issues in our Goldendoodles compared to the problems found in their pure breed parents and outside lines. Remember, English lines do NOT carry the predominate health risks of the American lines.
- We are happy to say that we have developed our program with strong, healthy breeding lines that we have bred for several generations. They have proven to produce extremely healthy, hearty puppies.
- Of course, no one can eliminate 100% of health issues, but our goal is to breed the BEST to the BEST.
- We have successfully decreased the incidents of health problems in our lines, and we have focused our testing on a few specific issues of concern to most people.
- We give a two-year health warranty on all of our puppies. Therefore, it is in OUR best interest as well as to our clients' best interest to only breed from lines that are known to be clear of genetic health issues
- When I was breeding Golden's years ago, there was a 30% failure rate for hip dysplasia and cancer. That was unbearable for me. Over the last ten years, we have had approximately 5% of our puppies develop genetic health issues. We consider these results to be phenomenal.
See Some of Our Current & Upcoming Parents featured in our Adult Photo Albums:
- The English Golden Retrievers of Smeraglia
- The Stunning Poodles of Smeraglia
- The English Teddy Bear Goldendoodle Ladies of Smeraglia
- The English Teddy Bear Goldendoodle Guys of Smeraglia
We test our parent dogs for:
- Congenital Cardiac Defects
- We have never had a parent dog with Congenital Cardiac Defects
- OFA or PENN Tests for Elbows
- OFA or PENN Tests for Hip Dysplasia -I have never had a potential parent dog that I rehomed from my program go lame, even if they did not pass Hip & Elbow tests.
- For ten years we DNA tested our original lines for every issue a dog could get, but we never had one test positive for any serious problem.
- We do a full veterinarian evaluation on each dog before he/she enters our breeding program.
- Our dogs are all up to date on vaccinations.
- All dogs entering our breeding program have been temperament tested for traits that we want to see passed on to their offspring.
- We cannot test for Cancer, but I am happy to say that I have NEVER lost a parent dog to Cancer.
- I have had one English Golden that developed an eye disease, but she was never bred, and it showed up when she was six months old.
- As seen in the video below I meet regularly with my vets to ensure that we provide the optimum health care for our dogs and puppies.
Puppies are Guaranteed:
- We give a two-year Health Guarantee on every puppy because if there's a genetic issue, you will notice it usually within the first year.
- We provide lifetime support, and we assure you that we will be available if you need us.
- We also provide each puppy with 30 days of Trupanion Health Insurance which must be activated by the new owner within 24 hours of receiving your puppy.