A Muti-Gen Goldendoodle is a third generation goldendoodle that is produced from breeding a second generation back to a second generation.
F3 Goldendoodle = F1B Goldendoodle X F1B Goldendoodle - 75% Poodle - 25% Golden Retriever
The third generation Goldendoodle (F3) is produced by crossing the F1B or F2 with another F1B or F2 Goldendoodle. It has been our experience when breeding F3 Goldendoodles that a high number of puppies in the litter will be more prone to shedding. Some are very retriever'ish with flat sporty coats, not the soft fluffy coats our doodles are known for. Because of this, we rarely breed the F3 Generation. If the retriever look is what you're looking for, please let us know. We do have a waiting list for families that want this look because of their low maintenance coats and wonderful doodle personalities.
- Our Multi-Gens are produced from these combinations of breedings: "F1B X F1B" , "F2B x F2B", "F1B X F2B".
- They can be low to moderate shedders and many are allergy friendly.
- Allergy sufferers are always encouraged to choose a puppy with a very plush, loose-wavy or curly coat.
- Straighter ones are more prone to shedding.
- Curlier ones are less prone to shedding.
- If you have dog allergies, we suggest you get a T-Shirt Allergy Test prior to adopting a puppy.
- Small - Approximately 15-30 pounds
- Medium - Approximately 35-50 pounds
- Standard- Approximately 55+ pounds
T-Shirt Allergy Tests
We can provide a T-Shirt Allergy Test for clients that want to determine if they can tolerate a puppy from this generation (please note there is a $125 fee for this service).
Photos of Multi-Gen Goldendoodles
Below are some examples from our multi-gen breeding. All of these puppies were non-shedders and allergy friendly.