EIGHT WEEK S.T.A.R Puppy Program: Price $5,240.00
Our Most Popular Program!!!
The EIGHT week program includes everything in the SIX week program as well as continued training benefits. These puppies will receive the Smeraglia S.T.A.R puppy certification.
This program is ideal for puppies that are going to be used as therapy dogs.
As with CGC, our S.T.A.R. Puppy certification means that your puppy has completed one half of our foundational program. We highly recommend continued training throughout your puppy's life. With this great foundation, your puppy should pass the CGC test at one year of age with flying colors if you maintain their training until they are 1 year of age.
THE more REPETITION & REINFORCEMENT your PUPPY gets in the BEGINNING the BETTER off they will be for LIFE.
* One week in the life of a puppy is equivalent to one month in the life of a baby......the more mature your puppy is during their training, the more they will learn.
Puppies completing the eight weeks of training will have a stronger, more solid understanding of appropriate household manners such as not walking between your feet, jumping up, or destroying inappropriate objects. Problems such as jumping up, mouthing (puppy nipping), chewing, etc. will be worked on and usually pretty well under control at the end of this eight week period.
- Your puppy will receive around the clock 24/7 care for the length of time enrolled in our program.
- Your puppy will live in the home of a skilled, insured trainer.
- The initial adjustment away from the litter, which is more dog oriented, to a family home setting which is more people oriented. Most puppies come home ready to instantly bond.
- Your puppy will be on a schedule of eating, drinking, and going potty to make house training much easier. You will receive a copy of this schedule.
- Your Puppy will be crate trained. Meaning in most cases your puppy can hold potty and remain quiet overnight and for a few hours during the day.
- Your puppy will be familiar with the taking and following of treats and wearing a collar and leash. Many new puppy owners do not realize how important this is in the training process, and that this does not come natural to a puppy.
- More practice to maintain consistent results with the obedience commands, "attention" (his/her name), "sit", "touch", "leave it", "down", and "come."
- Your puppy will know the four feedback words of "good", "nope", "okay" and "leave it" to aid in communication.
- Your puppy will be introduced to basic grooming and maintenance such as brushing, ear cleaning, nail trimming & teeth brushing.
- Your puppy will receive socialization throughout the day with children and other household pets.
Puppies enrolled in the 8-week program will be in the mastering phase of the potty training process and are beginning to understand manners and what is expected of them. They will require a great deal of attention to continue the potty training in your home, as well as reinforcement of all the rules we have been working on with them. Please keep in mind that it is not possible for a puppy to be 100% reliably house-trained until the puppy has matured which is usually between the ages of six to eight months. If you desire a 100% house trained puppy with little or no work on your part, then you need to consider our Mature Dog Program which is a full 16 weeks. Therefore, the 8-week program is 1/2 or 50% of the Complete Puppy training that we offer. By following the rules set out in the eight week program accidents should be minimal after the inital transition period of three to five days.
The puppy will be further along in the house-training process, and your puppy will be put on a personalized schedule that mirrors your own, which will allow the house-training to run more smoothly in your home. Puppies in the 8-week program will have the benefit of additional socialization, which means a more well-rounded puppy. Upon request, puppies in this group can also be introduced to the bell as a means for signaling the need to go outside to potty.
Your puppy will be vetted three times during their 8-week stay and receive all Age Appropriate Vaccinations & Deworming (9 & 12 weeks Vaccination will be given).
One of best things about sending a puppy to our Prep School Program: If at any time the puppy developed negative behaviours that we do not feel are suitable for your family, we will advise you immediately and look for a more suitble puppy for your family.
Included in Puppy Starter Kit
- Tell Bell
- Cassie Bear Ball
- Cow Hoof Chew Toy
- Sample of Karbo
- Hard Crate for Training /Travel
- Access to our doodle prep school exclusive training videos ($299 Value)
- Puppy will be Vetted twice with Age Appropriate Vaccinations & Deworming (9 & 12 week Vaccination will be given)
- Life Long Support
- Go Home Video
- Conference Call From Trainer
- S.T.A.R. Puppy Certification