SIX WEEK Program: Price $4,110.00
The six-week program includes everything in the four-week program as well as continued training benefits.
This is a big week for your puppy. He goes on his first big out and about adventure. We begin to socialize in new settings and apply the obedience to real world settings. Manners are being practiced with new people. We work on being more controlled while being walked on a leash. We continue on our socialization scavenger hunt. Your puppy has now entered Adolescence and we expect to see them test limits and boundaries. We also expect to see their needs for energy burns increase as he typically hits a growth spurt and energy spurt this week. This higher energy level gives us more stamina to extend training sessions and expect more as we continue to ask the 3 ds. Potty training is becoming more consistent this week as the puppy is actively trying to go in the right places and hold it in the wrong ones.
THE more REPETITION & REINFORCEMENT your PUPPY gets, in the BEGINNING, the BETTER off they will be for LIFE.
* One week in the life of a puppy is equivalent to one month in the life of a baby......the more mature your puppy is during their training, the more they will learn.
Puppies completing the six weeks of training will have a stronger, more solid understanding of appropriate household manners such as not walking between your feet, jumping up, or destroying inappropriate objects. Problems such as jumping up, mouthing (puppy nipping), chewing, etc. will be worked on and usually pretty well under control at the end of this four week period.
- Your puppy will receive around the clock 24/7 care for the length of time enrolled in our program.
- Your puppy will live in the home of a skilled, insured trainer.
- The initial adjustment away from the litter, which is more dog oriented, to a family home setting which is more people oriented. Most puppies come home ready to instantly bond.
- Your puppy will be on a schedule of eating, drinking, and going potty to make house training much easier. You will receive a copy of this schedule.
- Your Puppy will be crate trained. Meaning in most cases your puppy can hold potty and remain quiet overnight and for a few hours during the day.
- Your puppy will be familiar with the taking and following of treats and be wearing a collar and leash. Many new puppy owners do not realize how important this is in the training process, and that this does not come naturally to a puppy.
- More practice to maintain consistent results with the obedience commands, "attention" (his/her name), "sit", "touch", "leave it", "down", and "come."
- Your puppy will know the four feedback words of "good", "nope", "okay" and "leave it" to aid in communication.
- Your puppy will be introduced to basic grooming and maintenance such as brushing, ear cleaning, nail trimming & teeth brushing.
- Your puppy will receive socialization throughout the day with children and other household pets.
Puppies enrolled in the 6-week program will be in the mastering phase of the potty training process and are beginning to understand manners and what is expected of them. They will require a great deal of attention to continue the potty training in your home, as well as reinforcement of all the rules we have been working on with them. Please keep in mind that it is not possible for a puppy to be 100% reliably house-trained until the puppy has matured which is usually between the ages of six to eight months. If you desire a 100% house trained a puppy with little or no work on your part, then you need to consider our Complete Companion Dog Program which is a full 16 weeks of Foundational training.
The 6-week program is 3/8 or 37% of the Complete Companion Puppy training that we offer. By following the rules set out in the six-week program accidents should be minimal after the initial transition period of three to five days.
Your puppy will be further along in the house-training process, and your puppy will be put on a personalized schedule that mirrors your own, which will allow the house-training to run more smoothly in your home. Puppies in the 6-week program will have the benefit of additional socialization, which means a more well-rounded puppy. Upon request, puppies in this group can also be introduced to the bell as a means for signaling the need to go outside to potty.
Your puppy will be fully vetted during their 6-week stay and receive all Age Appropriate Vaccinations & Deworming
One of best things about sending a puppy to our Prep School Program: If at any time your puppy develops any negative behaviors that we do not feel are suitable for your family, we will advise you immediately and look for a more suitable puppy for your family.
Included in Puppy Starter Kit
- Tell Bell
- Cassie Bear Ball
- Cow Hoof Chew Toy
- Sample of Karbo
- Hard Crate for Training /Travel
- Access to our doodle prep school exclusive training videos ($299 Value)
- Puppy will be Vetted twice with Age Appropriate Vaccinations & Deworming (9 & 12-week Vaccination will be given)
- Life Long Support
- Go Home Video
- Conference Call From Trainer